Swiss Federal Office for Defence Procurement / Closed
Swarm and machine-teaming technologies
The Science and Technology S+T center of the Swiss Federal Office for Defence Procurement armasuisse is looking for swarm and machine-teaming concepts and technologies.
- industry innovation and infrastructure
- sustainable cities and communities
The Science and Technology S+T center of the Swiss Federal Office for Defence Procurement armasuisse is looking for swarm and machine-teaming concepts and technologies in the areas of computing, machines, drones, robotics, energy, as well as areas like psychology and finance. The center’s Technology Foresight research program aims to
- Identify disruptive technology trends and potential partners
- Gain and share latest insights in the field
- Assess and understand its relevance and impact for our economy, society and security.
armasuisse S+T is looking for innovation leaders and startups, SMEs and research institutions, from Switzerland and across the world. Submitting partners get the opportunity to be included in the program of the DEFTECH conference in Thun, Switzerland on November 21st 2018. This allows for an ideal, timely positioning within the S+T network. In a second step, it might lead to research partnerships and collaboration opportunities with armasuisse S+T. In addition, the best three submissions benefit from the opportunity to present their technology/research at the 4th SHIFT Zurich 2018 on August 23/24, 2018 in Zurich, Switzerland. Guiding theme is “Self-Organizing Systems”, see http://shiftzurich.ch.
armasuisse Science and Technology is contributing to the identification of future technologies that may significantly change our economy and society, and impact the security and military environment. The early identification of potentially disruptive technology trends will allow risks affecting developments and planning for the armed forces to be addressed in a timely manner. With this call for technologies, we are looking for solutions based on swarm and machine-teaming intelligence. The technologies we are looking for may already be established in the market, for example in pilot projects, or they can be at a very early stage (idea, research, early development stage). Technologies of interest include the following areas:
- Psychology / social science
At SHIFT Zurich 2018 - the Leadership Summit for Bioinspired Innovation and Finance - the best three companies and/or research institutes will have the opportunity to present their approach and share latest insights with global experts in the field. Since 2012, SHIFT Zurich emerged as the leading platform for impact investors, entrepreneurs and innovators from around the world, passionate to implement resilient strategies and solutions informed by nature. The guiding theme of SHIFT Zurich 2018 is “Self-Organizing Systems”.
- Technology/approach must be based on swarm intelligence, swarm algorithms, and/or machine-teaming
- Degree of innovation
- Openness to present the approach to armasuisse S+T and its industry and research partners
- Applicable in the security and military environment
What we are not looking for
- Approaches/solutions that are not based on swarm intelligence or machine-teaming
- Approaches/solutions that have been established globally for a long time.
Benefit why to propose your solution
- Timely positioning within the armasuisse S+T network for potential future research and collaboration partnership, e.g. at the DEFTECH conference on November 21, 2018 in Thun, Switzerland
- Potential to develop / improve technology with support of armasuisse S+T, including direct access to its industry and research partners in Switzerland, and internationally
- Entering the Swiss market, also as a test market for Europe
- Opportunity to present technology in front of international decision makers at SHIFT Zurich 2018
Phase 1: April 19 - July 20, 2018
Phase 2: July 21 - November 1, 2018